The Mighty Pizza Stone is a high quality pizza stone enclosed in a stainless steel pan that offers many advantages over traditional pizza stones by allowing pizza makers to balance pizza top and bottom cooking rates, regardless of the heat intensity generated by their grill or oven, allowing them to cook perfect pizza every time. No more burnt pizza bottom or uncooked toping, or vice versa.
The Mighty Pizza Stone is made up of few basic parts, and is designed with functionality in mind.
– 14.39” Round Pizza Stone: Made of cordierite, which is fired at a higher temperature than ceramic, this piece can withstand extreme and sudden changes in temperature.
– 15” Round Heat Diffuser / Insulator Pan: Designed with two ears to make an easy-to-carry piece, the diffuser /insulator pan is constructed of durable 410 Stainless Steel, a material known for its corrosion-resistant properties. Three holes in the center form a triangle for the T-nuts (Item 3).
– Three (3) T-Nuts / Locking Nuts: These fix to the diffuser pan through its three holes.
– Three (3) Adjustable Thumbscrews: The thumbscrews act as your controls for increasing or decreasing the gap between the pizza stone and the pan. This gap controls the heat of the pizza stone. The screws enter from the inside of the pan, so the heads provide a resting place for the pizza stone and keep it from sitting directly on the pan and T-nuts. This is where the magic happens.
– Pizza Stone Wire Frame: Easily lift the pizza stone from the pan with the help of the wire frame’s useful handles. This makes it easy to access and adjust the thumbscrews, and safely transport the heated stone to a safe location.
– Three (3) Leg Bases: Screws into the MPS directly and will keep your MPS ½” off the grill or oven grates. This will keep the MPS away from the grease on the grill grates and keep it clean. It will also make it easier to place or slide the MPS onto your grill grates.